Teacher will teach 20 Academic Words by following these steps: 20 Academic Words
- Meaning: Students will learn the definition of each word to understand what is the word about
- Example: After understanding meaning of each word, students will be provided examples of that word. With examples, students will have a better view of how that word works in context.
- Synonyms: Students will be provided some words that have similar meaning to the academic word they are learning.
- Collocation: Students will also learn collocation to expand the usage of each word.
- Word family: Students will be able to recognize word patterns.
- Homework : After learning a word, students will do the homework to practice the word.
20 Academic Words: 20 Academic Words
The AWL is a list of words which appear with high frequency in English-language academic texts. The list was compiled by Averil Coxhead at the Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
The list contains 570 word families and is divided into 10 sublists. Sublist 1 consists of the 60 most common words in the AWL. Sublist 2 contains the next most frequently used words and so on. Each sublist contains 60 word families, except for sublist 10, which contains 30.
To find these words, an analysis was done of academic journals, textbooks, course workbooks, lab manuals, and course notes.
The list was compiled following an analysis of over 3,500,000 words of text.
The words selected for the AWL are words which occur frequently in a range of academic subjects, including the Arts (including history, psychology, sociology, etc.), Commerce (including economics, marketing, management, etc.), Law and the Sciences (including biology, computer science, mathematics, etc.). This means that the AWL is useful to all second-language learners who wish to study in an English-speaking institution no matter what their field of study. The AWL does not, however, include technical words which are specific to a given field. Nor does it contain words which are of general use and very high frequency.
Academic word list
I. Course Description
Age: 12-18 years old
Topic: Transport public
Aim: Students will be able to:
- identify word about transport public
- use the words to communicate with others
Requirement: Complete at 70% of assignments
2. The role of WP
Words list will be posted on Wp
Students access to follow the instruction and do exercies
Students Submit given quiz
Teacher gives feedback
3. Content will display on WP
- Course descriptions:
- Materials (name, source to download,…) and references
My class and student’s record
4shared is a free online file-sharing service that provides storage for music, video and photo files. Upon registering for an account 4shared will provide users with 10-GB of online storage space. However, files stored by users with free accounts are removed if you do not log in the account for 180 days. 4shared sets a 2048-MB size limitation per file.
4shared also offers an application programming interface (API) that allows others to implement different 4shared services (e.g. search, login) on Web sites.
A free imagelink service for images! Upload images and use the imagelinks on forums, websites or just share with friends.
How to use:
1) Select file to upload
2) Add tags if you want
3) Copy link after upload finishes